Canyon, a city of about 14,000, is approximately 13 miles south of Amarillo, a city of 190,695. Canyon is located in Randall County, which is located in the south-central part of the Texas Panhandle. The county was officially formed in 1889 and consists of approximately 933 square miles with an estimated 783 miles of roads. Canyon itself lies in a valley that eventually becomes Palo Duro Canyon to the east. The City of Canyon is run by a City Commission, consisting of four commissioners and a mayor. The day-to-day operations are overseen by a city manager, department heads and various staff to better serve the community.
CITY OF CANYON SOCIAL MEDIA POLICY
The City of Canyon intends to promote effective communication and maintain a respectful dialogue. In that spirit, the rules for posting external comments on City Hall Unplugged maintain a productive and open forum for community discussion. Our moderators use these rules to ensure that posted comments are constructive and suitable for all readers while respecting a range of opinions and points of view. Moderation will take place during the City of Canyon’s normal business hours. Posted comments must comply with the following regulations.
- Comments must be civil and may not contain slanderous, libelous, malicious, offensive, threatening, profane or insulting language.
- References to the personality of individuals or personal attacks will not be permitted.
- Advertising or promotional announcements are not permitted.
- Comments must be within the scope of the topic under discussion.
- Comments cannot include personally identifiable information, such as an address, phone number, Social Security number and other sensitive information.
- Comments cannot represent a person other than the one posting the comment.
- Comments containing links to other websites or pages must be relevant to the topic.
- Comments cannot serve electoral campaign purposes. Political messages will not be published.
- Participants are responsible for what they post. Comments must not breach any law, confidentiality or copyright.